Wednesday 3 October 2012

A Public Holiday

October 3rd is a public holiday in Germany. In our house, a day off usually mean a chance to catch up on stuff that doesn't get done in the busy working week. And so the plan on Tuesday was to take the opportunity of a work-free day to do some - work!!!

Over breakfast, as is my wont, I settled down to soak up some more of my current book. So enthralling was the book, and so quiet was the house, I kept reading until 11am. The beak came when I was asked to drive my kids to and from places. In brief, I spent the public holiday completely NOT doing that which I'd intended to do. Apart from - and here I am pleased to share - my daily walk!!!

It was a glorious October day so using a slot between car journeys, I walked a different route from my usual. The sky was its best shinning sky blue, a few skimpy clouds majestically skimmed the horizon, a buzzard leisurely circled and glided above the treeline. Still feeling a bit under the weather from my cold, half an hour along the river was just right.

Today, however is a different story. The stuff I'd intended to do yesterday, now has to be squashed into 3 1/2 hours before I head off to teach. Getting the daily walk in will be a bit of challenge. Will report back tomorrow as to whether - or, better to say - how I manage it!

No comments:

Post a Comment