Tuesday 2 October 2012

Daily Walk Commitment - Days 2 &3

Day 2
Despite feeling distinctly under the weather yesterday, I got myself up and away from my desk and went for my walk. Nothing of great interest to report. The only moment of note (for me, anyway) was when I reached the point of "left for the longer walk / right for the shorter walk". I kept going left and benefited from the longer route.

One of many woodpiles along the way
Day 3
Today, it was somewhat easier to get myself out. I made a conscious decision to put my walking shoes on before doing anything else. I know that when I get caught up with stuff, it's easier to put off the walk. While walking, I pondered on how perhaps I'm beginning to construct a new habit. Perhaps I'm laying down the route for a new neural pathway in the area of my brain where the habit of staying in and sitting at my desk has been embedded?

I was also thinking of Autumns past. This time last year, I was out and about in sandals and t-shirt still. It was that weekend of 30 degree temperatures. Lovely! I remembered walks pushing a baby buggy while waiting for my daughter to finish her swimming lesson. The luxury of a quiet stroll with nothing more to consider than getting back to pick up my little swimmer and go home for supper.

With my daily walking, I want to focus on today and the details I see around me in that moment now. To truly soak up that moment and feel gratitude for my amazing environment. Invariably, I end up listing a number of things that I  need to do as soon as I get home. Perhaps I need to add an additional goal to the daily walk - switch off and live in that moment.


Classic Autumn Colours

Autumnal Abundance



No comments:

Post a Comment