Friday 12 October 2012

Make a Mistake - Discover New Opportunities

My walking commitment has been a bit wobbly for most of this week. I managed an impromptu stroll around a small park in Munich yesterday. And even managed a mad dash to the train station in the evening (apparently this forced sprint was good for me!!)

Apart from that, I have to admit to having failed miserably on Tuesday and Wednesday. No walking at all. Then today, I made the unforgivable mistake of mixing up the times of my lesson. Instead of 1pm, I should have been in the classroom at 8am...

What do I learn from this? Be more careful when adding appointments into my calender. But perhaps more importantly, don't overload the calender in the first place.

I had been worried that this week would be a struggle with back-to-back appointments, classes and meetings from Monday till Saturday. Now, however, I have some free time. A window of extra time to take stock and build up my energy for the last push of the week. I know how much better I'll feel for some fresh air because I got out for 40 mins on Monday. In contrast to the reluctant struggle up the hill on the last walk I did, Monday's walk was much more positive - maybe something to do with staying on the flat path - maybe due to the fact I just felt happier. Either way, it did me (as my mother would say) the world of good.




So, despite having missed a class by mistake I'm happy to be able to take advantage of some extra time and get myself out for a spot of fresh air and exercise. For me, an unexpected opportunity; for my students, an early start to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment