Sunday 7 October 2012

But I don't feel like it today...

I did get out for my walk today. After 2 days without sticking to my new routine, I really didn't feel like it today either. In the interest of psycho-scientific research, I made myself trudge up the hill and complete a short round. On a decidedly cold day, I was wrapped up in hat, scarf and no small amount of negativity.

I'd like to say that after 10 minutes I was glad to have made the effort and I was benefiting from the fresh air. Instead, I was thinking how little time it takes to undo a fragile, newly developing habit. I shall have to start again from today.

As I write this, I'm feeling the knock-on effects of having been at my pc most of the day. The daily walk really is a very important thing, for both body and mind. Tomorrow is another day; I'll aim to get that walk in and manage it with a lighter, more willing heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment